Here’s the thing about the website Ranker: It ranks stuff. That’s all they do. Sometimes there’s a bunch of useless crap being ranked. Other times, there’s a list floating around with worldly significance. This is one such time.
Over 22,000 drinkers contributed to their ranking of the best cocktails in the world.
The results were decisive:
10. Caipirinha [[Kai-per-een-ya]] – Brazil’s national drink with cachaça, sugar, and lime
9. Mai Tai – It appeals to more than just your mom apparently, made with Curacao, lime, and a little umbrella
8. Daiquiri – The magical combo of rum, citrus, sugar rarely starts a fight
7. Martini – Gin and vermouth always seems to bring out your inner Bond.
6. White Russian – This number has probably seen a spike since “The Big Lebowski.”
5. Manhattan – The classics never die – vermouth, whiskey, and bitters.
4. Bloody Mary – Vodka, tomato juice, and spice – what you drink when you want to pretend you’re not drinking.
3. Long Island Iced Tea – Tequila, vodka, rum, triple sec, and gin…for when you want to cut out the middle-man and get right to it.
2. Mojito – Surprisingly high on the list – rum, sugar, lime, sparkling water, and mint. Consult a good bartender to do it right.
1. Margarita – When they’re bad…they’re bad. But when they’re done right, they’re a no-brainer.
List like these always spark a debate…so have at it!